Per Pres NC:
The Gordon-Brandon House may have been built c.1850 by Field Gordon who owned a local saloon. In 1950 it was purchased by Hunter and Annie Brandon. Mr. Brandon owned the Tire & Grill and Mrs. Brandon was a teacher. It was purchased by an absentee owner in 2000 and suffered several years of neglect. Happily, it was recently purchased by a local preservationist who has enlisted Preservation NC’s assistance to find someone to purchase and restore it to its former elegance.
Raised basement Greek Revival cottage on secluded wooded lot; one block from Milton commercial district and Thomas Day Museum (under consideration to become a new State Historic Site!); just minutes from the renowned Virginia International Raceway!
An unusual example of a uniquely Milton house type, the Gordon-Brandon House is a modest-scale raised Greek Revival cottage consisting of a brick lower level and a wood frame upper level containing the main entrance and ornamentation. Located at the end of N. Bridge (“Warehouse”) Street, the house is set near Country Line Creek on a secluded wooded lot in the town of Milton, famous for its Antebellum architecture and home to Thomas Day, renowned 19th century free black cabinetmaker. The Thomas Day House and Workshop may soon become a North Carolina State Historic Site. The Gordon-Brandon House is eligible for tax credits.
- 1,968 square feet
- Lot Size: 1.7 acres / Zoning: Residential
- Build date 1850
148 Bridge Street, Milton, NC 27305 $32,500
- Google Map
- Contact Realtor:Cathleen Turner , Regional Director
Preservation NC, Piedmont Office
919-401-8540, [email protected]
- Spot Crime