404 E 8th St, Alton, IL 62002
$29,900 Sold for $35,000
c.1894 Affordable Home in Alton, IL Under $30K
It appears that a W.A. Jones owned the home according to an 1894 newspaper clipping. Some years later, the home became the parsonage for the First Christian Church located at 200 E. 8th St. in Alton. When the parsonage and church was sold in 1958 or 1959 to fund the purchase of a new church property, the house changed hands to the Ambrose family. Members of that family may have been a little accident prone as two newspaper clippings from the 1950s and ’60s indicate.