3832 Flat St, Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
$45,000 Reduced to $37,500
c.1920 Fixer Upper in Big Stone Gap, VA $45K
Big Stone Gap was formerly known as “Mineral City” and “Three Forks” before officially taking its name in 1888. The “Big Stone Gap” refers to the valley created on the Appalachia Straight, located between the town and Appalachia. The town served as an important center for coal and iron development in the 1880s and 1890s and residents hoped its coal and iron ore deposits would make it “the Pittsburgh of the South.