fixer upper

Save This Old Cheap-ish Circa 1867 Fixer Upper in Saint Joseph, MO $115K

Rumor has it a famous St. Joseph resident built the oldest part of this house – but no evidence to back it up. In 1868, alterations were made to the house. In the mid-1880’s when it was sold to the prominent dry goods merchant, the front porch and a vestibule in 1889 were added. The large barn/carriage house was built in 1907. In 1975 it was sold and converted into apartments. Unfortunately it had a major water leak in the last couple of years. Not everything was ruined – it still has incredible detail on the inside. It was at least 4 units at one time.

  • 5bed
  • 3.5bath
  • Circa 1867



Family History

In the early 1900s to 1919, W.F. Davis, known as Uncle Frank, owned this home. He was a widower of six children and worked as a livestock commission man, making a very successful living. It is apparent from newspaper articles, that Mr. Davis was consider a man among men who everyone loved.

The St Joseph Observer
04 May 1918, Sat · Page 1


The St Joseph Observer
12 Feb 1916, Sat · Page 8


The St Joseph Observer
01 Mar 1919, Sat · Page 1


One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!